Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is offered to someone with an emerging mental health or substance use problem or in crisis, until appropriate treatment is found or the situation resolves. An evidence-based course, MHFA Standard has been proven to give participants:
- the tools to recognize signs of decline in mental well-being.
- the ability to talk about their mental health.
- the knowledge to discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery or improved mental well-being.
- the confidence to reach out to these supports.
- the tools to assist during a mental health or substance use crisis, and.
- the knowledge to use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental wellness.
This 9-hour course opens with a self-directed module (Module 1) that focuses on the information and strategies that participants will discuss and practice throughout the live classroom modules (Modules 2 and 3). Course participants will complete Module 1 before participating in Modules 2 and 3.
Upon registration, participants will receive a Participant Reference Guide which outlines MHFA actions for mental health and substance use problems and crises.
Module 1: Self-directed module online that introduces participants to the concepts of the course and Mental Health First Aid actions. 1-2 hours to complete.
Module 2: Live classroom module that discusses tools on how to apply MHFA actions to situations of declining mental well-being and guidelines for MHFA conversations with diverse populations.
Module 3: Live classroom module that gives participants the opportunity to practice applying MHFA actions to crisis situations and discusses the importance of self-care.
We do not provide refunds once the enrollment code has been sent, they are unique to each user. Once an enrollment code has been redeemed you have 1 year to use before it expires.